1/5 Photos of They Won't Know Raspberry Coffee Cake
Amber of AZ's Note:
They won't know that this raspberry coffee cake is low calorie and low fat. The only thing they will know is that you are an excellent baker and this cake is delicious. I usually do not bother with the glaze. The recipe loses nothing if you opt for a glaze free coffee cake. Enjoy! P.S. This is 3 points per slice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberry (fresh or frozen, if using frozen do not thaw)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 2Combine the egg, yogurt, butter, and vanilla: add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8-in round baking pan (a pie or cake pan work great for this) coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Combine the brown sugar and raspberries; sprinkle over batter.
- 5Spoon the remaining batter over the top.
- 6Sprinkle with almonds.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- 10Drizzle over coffee cake.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for They Won't Know Raspberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g