Recipe by LAURIE
A slightly "mock" rendition of White Castles sliders, but we think only better. Great "kid" sized burgers or even better for "adult" sized snacks! NOTE: since posting this recipe I have found out that Pepperidge Farm no longer makes the small rolls in the pans so therefore use your own disgression on which rolls are available to you but I do suggest that you use a small size like a dinner roll in order to get the full "White Castle" affect!
Top Review by Meggy Boo
Everybody loved these. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to individually wrap these in foil, so I put them all on a foil lined cookie sheet and covered them with a sheet of foil and baked. Turned out perfect.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed or use the shreds)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 (20 count) packagespepperidge farm rolls, in a pan (20 small in a package)
- 40 slices dill pickles, about
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, and drain.
- Stir in cheese, soup and onion, til cheese melts.
- Cut buns in half.
- Spread burger mixture on buns.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Open from foil and top each with pickle slice.
- Serve immediately, with eyes closed.