1/1 Photo of "thetis Queen" Albacore Tuna Tacones With Spicy Spot P
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Tacones are a taco-cone or a tortilla handroll. I am newly addicted to this meal! The recipe comes from a Victoria restaurant. It is wonderful! http://www.redfish-bluefish.com/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 9 -10 ounces tuna, loin troll caught
- 1 small head of cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted and ground
- 2 thinly sliced red onions (that have been soaked in 4 ounces of lemon juice and 4 ounces of mirin for 2 hours)
- 1/2 ounce pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted ground cumin
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup spicy mayonnaise
- 1Lightly oil one side of each tortilla.
- 2Thinly shred cabbage and mix with pumpkin seeds, spicy spot prawn mayo (Spicy Spot Prawn Mayo posted separately) and one quarter of the spice mix.
- 3Oil the tuna loin and season with remaining spice mix.
- 4In large very hot pan or very hot BBQ, sear tuna on all sides for 30 seconds per side and place on cutting board for slicing.
- 5In large very hot pan or very hot BBQ, lightly grill tortillas.
- 6Line grilled tortillas up evenly and slice in half.
- 7Position semi circles of tortilla with straight side on a forty five degree angle.
- 8Slice tuna loin in one quarter inch slices and place three slices on the middle of each tortilla.
- 9Add one quarter cup of cabbage mixture, 3 or 4 pea shoots and one heaping table spoon of onions on top of tuna slices.
- 10Take the bottom corner of tortilla to the top and pull back over mix leaving you with a cone shaped taco or tacone.
- 11- Serve with Spicy Spot Prawn Mayo, Spicy Spot Prawn Mayo contains prawns, oil, hot sauce, mirin, lime juice, sea salt, and mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "thetis Queen" Albacore Tuna Tacones With Spicy Spot P
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 1157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: