1/1 Photo of These are a Few of My Favorite Things' Spinach Salad for 2
From a local Middle Eastern/Mediterranean take-out restaurant in town. I added a few of my own twists. Be sure the dried cherries you use for this recipe are tart to balance the flavor correctly. No eggplants were harmed in the making of this salad. Use unbleached white sugar or agave nectar for a vegan version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dried
- 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries (read intro)
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut halves
- 1 small shallot, cut into thin crescents
- 1 small sweet blood orange, cut into small segments (ok to substitute standard orange)
- 2 tablespoons honey (I've also used agave nectar) or 2 tablespoons unbleached white sugar (I've also used agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1Prepare the vinaigrette by placing the honey (or sugar) and water in a non-reactive pan; bring to a boil. Boil until mixture is reduced by half.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in the vinegar, oil, orange blossom water, rose water and cinnamon.
- 3Set aside to cool to room temperature. Season with salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- 4Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss gently with the vinaigrette.
- 5Arrange on two salad plates.
- 6Serve with whole wheat pita bread or French baguette.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for These are a Few of My Favorite Things' Spinach Salad for 2
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar
orange blossom water