Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
- 2 lbs big fat fresh raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large habanero pepper, stem removed,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- bamboo skewer
- 2 cloves garlic, more to taste
- Wash the shrimp, drain and place on skewers 4-6 per skewer.
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter, remove for heat and place in blender.
- Add cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice pepper, cumin, brown sugar and the habaneros with seeds; blend till smooth.
- Brush onto the shrimp skewers and let marinate for 30-60 minutes in fridge.
- Start grill and cook till opaque and slightly crispy.
- Dust with paprika and serve.
My Husband and I love this recipe. I serve the shrimp over lettuce with a lime cilantro dressing. Wonderfull!!!!
Well that's it... I have officially died and gone to Heaven!! these are superior! these shrimp are the most amazing shrimp I have ever eaten, I urge anyone who enjoys something spicy and really REALLY good to make these, you will be very glad you did!
A definite keeper!!! Everyone loved these!! I couldn't find habenaro, so used a lg jalapeno instead and it was the perfect amount of heat. Anymore, and they wouldn't have been as enjoyable. Made the sauce the night before my party, let it sit out until soft again, and spread it on before bbqing. Perfect blend of flavours, I can't wait to make it again soon!!!