Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
This is an Indian style curry made in the fabulous Thermomix machine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 g oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 green chili pepper (optional)
- 10 g coriander leaves, chopped
- 10 g young ginger root
- 10 g garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 500 g plain yogurt, hung overnight to remove all of the water
- 1Place oil into TM bowl. Cook 1minute/Varoma temp/speed 1.
- 2Add onion, chili, coriander leaves, ginger and garlic to bowl. Mince 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides and lid of TM bowl.
- 3Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 2. Leave the measuring cup (MC) off to allow steam to escape.
- 4Add dry spices and salt - sprinkling over the onion mixture. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 2 with MC off.
- 5Add the water and cook 5 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 1 with MC on.
- 6Add chicken, tomato sauce and yogurt to bowl. Stir with the spatula to push the meat entirely under the surface of the sauce. Cook 20 minutes/100 degrees/reverse speed soft with MC on.
- 7Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- 8Serve with Kavita Singh's Plain Rice Pulao (recipe on Food.com).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thermomix Yogurt Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 569.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
young ginger root