Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Indian style curry made in the fabulous Thermomix machine!
- 40 g oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 green chili pepper (optional)
- 10 g coriander leaves, chopped
- 10 g young ginger root
- 10 g garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 500 g plain yogurt, hung overnight to remove all of the water
- Place oil into TM bowl. Cook 1minute/Varoma temp/speed 1.
- Add onion, chili, coriander leaves, ginger and garlic to bowl. Mince 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides and lid of TM bowl.
- Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 2. Leave the measuring cup (MC) off to allow steam to escape.
- Add dry spices and salt - sprinkling over the onion mixture. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 2 with MC off.
- Add the water and cook 5 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 1 with MC on.
- Add chicken, tomato sauce and yogurt to bowl. Stir with the spatula to push the meat entirely under the surface of the sauce. Cook 20 minutes/100 degrees/reverse speed soft with MC on.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with Kavita Singh's Plain Rice Pulao (recipe on Food.com).
Made this tonight. Absolutely yummy! I wouldn't change anything. Thanks for your wonderful recipe.
Made this for dinner a few weeks ago and it was really lovely. I love the use of yoghurt instead of coconut milk, it really does give it a light citrusy flavour. I used chicken breast and cooked for the full 20 minutes but would probably cook for a bit less next time as the chicken was a little dry from over cooking. I also added a handful of unsalted cashews during the last 10 minutes of cooking which added a lovely texture. Would definately make again.