Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lots of spices add wonderful flavor to this delicious banana bread. Go as heavy or light as you like. I often add ginger and mace to this recipe, but I didn't have any on hand when I made this loaf - so I just wrote up the recipe exactly as I made it.
- 180 g apples, cored but skins left on
- 15 g lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 250 g bananas
- 130 g maple syrup
- 20 g cooking oil
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chop apples 15 seconds/speed 4.
- Add lemon juice and spices to TM bowl. Cook 8 minutes/90 degrees/speed 2. Scrape down,.
- Add the banana, maple syrup, and oil. Puree the mixture 15 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down.
- Add flours and mix 30 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix 20 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan - mine is 9x5 inches.
- Bake at 375 F or 190 C for approximately 1 hour. Insert a skewer into the center of the loaf to check for doneness.