1/1 Photo of Thermomix Tomato Paste - No Added Sugar
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
It's easy to make your own, all-natural tomato paste with the Thermomix. No additives, no preservatives, you control the amount of salt. By using a carrot to cut the acidity of the tomatoes and add a touch of sweetness - this is a totally sugarless recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the carrot in the TM bowl with enough water to cover by about an inch. Cook 20 min/100º/speed soft.
- 2Pour out the water and add about half the tomatoes to the TM bowl. Cut the rest so that they'll fit through the hole in the lid - if you use Roma tomatoes you won't need to do this step - they fit fine!
- 3Gradually turn the speed up to 6. Add the remaining tomatoes into the bowl as it is mixing. After all the tomatoes are in, mix 15 seconds/speed 6.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients. Mix 10 seconds/speed 6.
- 5Cook 30 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.5. Scrape down sides.
- 6Cook 30 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.5 again. Scrape down sides. If the paste is the color and consistency that you like, you're done. If you want your paste thicker or darker red, keep going with the cooking and scraping down in 10 minute intervals until it looks right.
- 7Remove from heat and freeze whatever you aren't going to use today. It doesn't keep well in the fridge. I froze mine in silicone cupcake cups - 50 grams in each cup. I got about 250 grams of paste from my 1.5 kg of tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thermomix Tomato Paste - No Added Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (1575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: