Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a lemony pound cake. Absolutely delicious! I haven't tried this recipe with lime yet - but I've heard that the lime variation is wonderful as well.
- 210 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 300 g sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (or a lime)
- 120 g yogurt, plain
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line a 9x3 loaf pan.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in TM bowl. Press and hold Turbo for 4 seconds to combine. Tip out and set aside.
- Place sugar, lemon juice and zest in TM bowl. Press and hold Turbo for 5-10 seconds until combined.
- Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla and oil. Mix 15 seconds/speed 6.
- Add the dry ingredients back to TM bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Not wanting to miss out, I made both the lemon and lime versions. While both are pretty good, it was clear that my family preferred the lemon cake. The citrus wasn't overwhelming, just a subtle hit, and it's pretty moist, it's just not something I'd make again.
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.