Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Vegan and gluten free- this is a delicious main course loaf. I adapted the recipe from The Vegan Chef at theveganchef.com
- Place the onion, carrot, celery, red pepper and zucchini in the TM bowl. Press Turbo several times until the veggies are chopped fine. Every time you hit Turbo - drop a garlic clove onto the running blades to mince it fine.
- Add the oil and saute 3 minutes/ 90°/speed spoon.
- Add the water and millet to the vegetable mixture. Cook 35 minutes/100°/speed spoon.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, or rice cooker, bring the remaining 330 grams water (1 1/3 cup), the rice and the quinoa to a boil. Cook 15 minutes in the saucepan, or use your rice cooker as directed.
- Add the quinoa-rice mixture to the veggie mixture. Stir in the chopped parsley. Spoon into a greased or lined 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then invert onto a serving platter.