Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is quite similar to Thermomix Yogurt Chicken. The spicing is different, and the Korma includes a paste made from cashew nuts.
- 40 g cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 10 g oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 140 g cream (or hung yogurt)
- 200 g water
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 bay leaves, fresh
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 5 cm cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1000 g chicken, boneless and skinless cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- Grind nuts 8 sec/speed 9. Leave in bowl.
- Set blades to speed 5. Drop onion, ginger and garlic onto turning blades. Scrape down.
- Add oil, cook 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 3.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt, turmeric and chili powder. Cook 6 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Add cream (or yogurt), water and tomato puree. Blend 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Cook 6 minutes/100 degees/speed 2.
- In the meantime, gently crush together the whole spices (bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon).
- Add the 1 teaspoon of oil to a small fry pan. Cook the crushed spices over medium high heat until fragrant.
- Add the cooked spices to the TM bowl. Add the chicken meat and push it down into the sauce. Cook 15 minutes/100 degrees/reverse speed soft for breast meat, or 20 minutes/100 degrees/reverse speed soft for thigh meat.
- Stir in garam masala if using.