- 200 g water
- 400 g bread flour (white, or a mix of whole wheat and white)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet instant yeast (or 30g fresh yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 g olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a loaf pan, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place water in TM bowl. Cook 4 minutes/50 degrees/speed soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Mix 20 seconds/speed 3 to combine. The mixture should form a ball and the dough will begin to clean the sides of the TM bowl. If the dough is too dry (a common problem if using heavy organic flours) add more water a teaspoon at a time, mixing for two or three seconds after each addition.
- Set the timer for 1 minute 30 seconds. Set to Closed Lid position. Press Wheat button. The mixture should end up soft and pliable and slightly tacky.
- Remove TM lid. Turn TM bowl upside down and undo base unit. The dough will drop out, bringing the blades with it. Remove blades and gather the dough into a ball.
- Press dough lightly into the prepared pan, or shape rolls as desired. Brush the loaf or rolls with olive oil.
- Cover with a tea towel and set in a warm place to rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 425 degrees F 20-30 minutes for a loaf, 10-12 minutes for rolls - the cooked bread should be golden brown, and sound hollow when tapped.