Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A deliciously banana-y banana bread! I adapted this recipe (#25885) so that I could prepare it using my Thermomix machine. This is a very simple recipe - either with the Thermomix or without.
- 120 g butter
- 140 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 4 bananas, very ripe
- 280 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 60 g nuts, chopped (optional)
- 120 g chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two small (mine are 8x3 in.) loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Beat the sugar and butter together for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and bananas. Beat the mixture for 15 seconds on speed 5.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and beat on speed 4 for 10 – 20 seconds, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
So easy and simply delicious, I used half whole wheat flour and half self-rising and add one teaspoon of vanilla extract, no choc chips and it is lovely!
MMMmmmm delicious and way too easy. Great way to use up old bananas :)
I made just the 1 loaf and didn't add any choc or nuts. And used spelt flour instead with a small splash of milk as I know spelt seems to soak most moisture up. Thanks for sharing :)
Lovely, easy recipe. The choc chips and nuts give it just the lift it needed. Thanks for sharing this keeper!