Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the shrinkinghubby.com blog.
- 2 peeled apples
- 1 peeled zucchini (courgette)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (preferably aluminium free)
- 1⁄2 cup medjool dates (pitted, about 90 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 5 organic free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 apple, sliced
- approx 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or rapadura sugar)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Put 2 apples (peeled and cored), 1 zucchini (peeled, topped and tailed) and ½ cup (90 grams) dates into the mixing bowl. Mix for 5 seconds speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the coconut flour, chia seeds, baking powder, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil and sea salt and mix about 30 seconds speed 5/6 or until mixed together.
- Pour (or mould – the mixture is quite doughy) into a lined and buttered/oiled loaf tin and top with slices of apple and a sprinkle of coconut (or rapadura) sugar.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in a moderate (180 degrees Celcius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit) oven until golden brown and cooked through.