Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious! This recipe is specifically for the Thernomox. But it could be easily adapted for use without. I couldn't find Spinach or Kale in my local shop, so I used lettuce - worked great! I served this dish over rice with plain yogurt on the side
- zest of one lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kg lamb shoulder, diced into 3 cm pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, large, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 400 g tomatoes
- 500 g vegetable stock
- 350 g spinach (or kale or lettuce)
- 45 g slivered almonds (toasted)
- Place the lemon zest in TM bowl and grate 20 seconds/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place garlic in TM bowl. Chop 10 seconds/speed 9. Reduce to speed 5 and drop onion onto moving blades for 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat oil 1 minute 30 seconds/Varoma/speed 1. Add lamb. Cook 3 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1. Set aside.
- Return garlic and onion mixture to bowl along with spices and cook 3 minutes/100 degrees/Speed 1 1/2.
- Add lamb, canned tomatoes (undrained) and stock. Cook 60 minutes/100 degrees/Reverse/Speed 1 1/2 without the measuring cup. If there is a lot of spattering, place the basket on top - this allows the steam to escape, the sauce to thicken and reduces spatter.
- About 10 minutes before the end add the lemon rind.
- Cut the greens into bite sized pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Pour the lamb curry over all. Stir until the greens have wilted. Serve over rice with almonds sprinkled over the top.