Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and wonderful. Never any leftovers.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Blend this into butter mixture.
- Add nuts. Chill dough for about one hour.
- Roll into small balls (1 1/2").
- Bake 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Roll in confectioner's sugar.
Very nice, light cookie with good flavor. I did make the suggestion to add the vanilla when blending the butter and the sugar so there is a more consistant mix as opposed to adding after the 'dough' is complete.
Yummy cookies! I was low on walnuts and substituted finely chopped almonds, then rolled them in remaining almonds before cooking (in place of powdered sugar) and they were a great addition to my cookie trays!