Recipe by Theresa in Chi-town
I came up with this very simple recipe after researching all different recipes and not liking EVERYTHING about any of them. So I just took the best things that I liked from a couple recipe's that looked good and tried it out. I came up with this VERY simple.. VERY good Potato Soup!It is nothing special.. so I hope that this doesn't duplicate anyone else's.... I've been making it and sharing this recipe for a couple years now..and it's always a keeper.
- 4 medium red potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 1 small carrot (Sliced Thin and then halved)
- 1 small onion (Finely Diced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt (add more at end to taste)
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, bring potatoes, carrots, onion, chicken broth and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer untill potatoes are just tender, Do Not Drain, mash slightly with fork.
- Add Milk.
- In a seperate bowl, mix melted butter, flour, parsely, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir untill fully mixed.
- Stir mixture into potato soup.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until think and bubbly.
- To make this a "loaded" potato soup, add crumbled bacon or bacon bits, chopped chives, sour cream and grated cheddar cheese when serving. YUMMY!