Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Smoothies are pretty easy to make. You can add just about any fruit and whip it up. This is a BIG favorite in my house as well as my childrens' friends that sleep over and ask for this shake for breakfast. Enjoy
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 large bananas or 2 small bananas
- 1 cup halved strawberry (washed and de-stemmed)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- Place the 4 ice cubes at the bottom of the blender.
- Put all the fruit in followed by the yogurt, milk and sugar.
- Blend on high till well mixed and "frothy".
- Optional and faster way to make the shake is to use 2 cups of frozen mixed berries in a bag. (however, I've noticed that when using frozen berries, there seems to be A LOT of raspberry seeds in the shake. I don't find as many when using fresh raspberries)
- Raspberries can/should be omitted if the small seeds bother you.
This is a really nice smoothie recipe. I omitted the sugar. In my opinion, I don't think it needs it! It was very tasty and frothy. Yum.