Recipe by Juliansmommy!
This is sweet and crunchy. Lower fat than the usual coleslaw and its my favorite. You can make this one your own recipe by adding more or less of each ingredient depending on your preference.
- 1 red apple
- 1 yellow apple
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (or 1 small 6 ounce container)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (more if you like)
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix (half a 16 ounce bag)
- 3 -7 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on how rich you like it. I only use 3 tbsp)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep all ingredients in fridge before use, this dish taste best chilled.Peel and chop both apples into small pieces.
- Mix in raisins and crasins.
- Toss in coleslaw.
- Mix vanilla yogurt and mayo together.
- Toss yogurt/mayo mixture with coleslaw.
- If you like almonds or walnuts sprinkle on top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within 1-2 days.