Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker. I used to beg her to bring these in whenever we had a luncheon. They're really delicious! Refrigeration time included in prep time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten (or 1 cup Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Hershey's syrup
Mint Layer (frosting)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Mix cake layer together in large bowl.
- Pour into a 9x13" ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- Mix together mint layer ingredients and spread over cake.
- When frosting is hard, melt glaze ingredients over low heat.
- Let cool slightly.
- Spread over mint layer.
- Cool before cutting.