Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
I call this recipe therapy cookies, because when my grandma was in a nursing home they used this recipe to make cut out cookies. The baking was therapy for the patients. We love to make these at Christmas and cut them out in holiday shapes.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (soft)
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (soft)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- Mix dry ingredients -flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond flavor, coconut flavor to butter mixture.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Divide in thirds, wrap in saran wrap and put in fridge overnight.
- Next day-take one ball of dough out of the refrigerator, roll it out and cut in shapes desired. Continue doing this until all your dough is used up. It is important that you only have the dough you are working with out. Keep the dough not used in the refrigerator.
- (Optional) add sprinkles on top of the cut out cookies.
- Place on an ungreased sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-7 minutes.