Prep 1 min
Cook 4 hrs
Thelma is my mother-in-law, another fabulous cook and a wonderful person! She swore by this recipe. Just remember to follow the directions exactly!
- At least 3-4 hours before serving, place ROOM TEMPERATURE roast in a shallow pan, fat side up, resting on bones on a rack, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Place in preheated 375F oven FOR EXACTLY 45 minutes.
- Do not add water.
- Do not cover.
- Do not baste.
- Turn oven off.
- Leave roast in oven with door closed.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR (my mother-in-law would tape it shut!!!).
- Turn oven on again, at 375F for another 45 minutes before serving.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Note: For a roast 10-12 pounds,leave in oven 60 minutes at the beginning and 60-90 minutes at the end for medium rare.
This was so easy and just perfect. I made the horseradish sauce to serve with it from recipe12027. REALLY FINE
Made this last night, absolutly perfect! Thanks Normaone