4 hrs 1 min
Thelma is my mother-in-law, another fabulous cook and a wonderful person! She swore by this recipe. Just remember to follow the directions exactly!
My Private Note
- 1At least 3-4 hours before serving, place ROOM TEMPERATURE roast in a shallow pan, fat side up, resting on bones on a rack, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- 2Place in preheated 375F oven FOR EXACTLY 45 minutes.
- 3Do not add water.
- 4Do not cover.
- 5Do not baste.
- 6Turn oven off.
- 7Leave roast in oven with door closed.
- 8DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR (my mother-in-law would tape it shut!!!).
- 9Turn oven on again, at 375F for another 45 minutes before serving.
- 10Remove from oven.
- 11Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 12Note: For a roast 10-12 pounds,leave in oven 60 minutes at the beginning and 60-90 minutes at the end for medium rare.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thelma's Standing Rib Roast No Peek
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1375.9
- Calories from Fat 1117
- Total Fat 124.2 g
- Saturated Fat 51.8 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 60.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: