Recipe by QueenJellyBean
My husband's Aunt Kathy made this for one of our family meals and I was so impressed that I begged for the recipe! This is not your average jello salad-it's much much better! Not only does it taste wonderful but it is pretty. Appropriate for every day but beautiful enough for a holiday meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (21 ounce) can raspberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add pineapple and enough water to make 2 cups to a saucepan and heat to boil.
- Pour over jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add cold water and pie filling. Stir well.
- Chill until set in a 9 x 12 dish.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and powdered sugar and mix until creamy.
- Spread on jello.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and or fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.