Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
My husband's Aunt Kathy made this for one of our family meals and I was so impressed that I begged for the recipe! This is not your average jello salad-it's much much better! Not only does it taste wonderful but it is pretty. Appropriate for every day but beautiful enough for a holiday meal.
- Add pineapple and enough water to make 2 cups to a saucepan and heat to boil.
- Pour over jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add cold water and pie filling. Stir well.
- Chill until set in a 9 x 12 dish.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and powdered sugar and mix until creamy.
- Spread on jello.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and or fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
EVERYTIME I make this for potluck Sunday it gets super rave reviews! The bowl always gets emptied before anything else. You have a winner here.... thanks for sharing!
Great salad. ... better desert ... switched out sugar for sucrlose ... used fat free cream cheese ... alternated layers with low fat whipped cream in individual glasses ... serve with Verdi Raspberry sparkling wine ... wished we had skipped dinner so we could had room for more!
I normally make a seafoam salad for Thanksgiving, but this year wanted to try something different and this was it. I couldn't find raspberry pie filling, so I used blackberry pie filling. It was good! Really good! So good that this is now THE holiday jello dish for us! The flavors are perfect together - the sweetness is just right - texture spot on - I just can't rave enough! Thank you so much for posting this! I'm making it again for Christmas... and Easter... every third Tuesday... etc.