Recipe by Meredith .F
There are many recipes for this type of cake, but none just like this one that I received from my friend Nancy's Mom. And since we love this one-here it is! I would eat this over pumpkin pie any day!
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- Cool Whip (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, salt and spices.
- Add beaten eggs, milk & pumpkin and mix well.
- Grease 9x13 pan. Pour pumpkin mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over top. Dribble melted butter over top of cake mix and sprinkle nuts all over if using.
- Bake at 325°F for one hour.
- Let cool and cut into squares-garnish with a dollop of Cool Whip and enjoy!