Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This was kind of an accident how i came across this delightful dessert, nevertheless, it is delicious. And makes a perfect change to ice cream
- 300 g milk chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 150 ml water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 600 ml cream, plus extra
- cream, to serve
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Blend chocolate in a food processor until it is quite fine. (if you dont have a food processor, you can grate the chocolate instead).
- Heat sugar and water over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and boil for 2 minutes until its slightly thickened.
- Pour hot syrup into processor with motor running. Add egg yolks, whole egg and cream. Process until smooth (or beat together in a bowl).
- Grease a 22cm cake tin and line with plastic wrap. Leave a border of wrap above the edge of the tin, to make it easy to pull it out of the tin. Pour mixture into tin and freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving.
- Pull gently on plastic wrap to release cake from tin.
- Dust with cocoa powder, serve immediately with cream, and berries if liked.
My boys loved this. They said it tasted just like a fudge pop. My son even went looking for a stick so he could eat his piece like it was. I used a whole package of hersey's kisses (unwrapped, of course) for the milk chocolate and made my own caster sugar (they don't sell that where we live). Dusted the top with cocoa powder and set some strawberries next to it. My picture turned out fuzzy....sorry.