Recipe by kwlabear
Found this in a Richard Simmons cookbook and adapted it a bit, especially reduced the amount of fat in it. I guess in the 80's, we didn't really think about the fat content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 3 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet, heat oil. Cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Add eggplant, peppers and spices. Cook 30 minutes or until eggplant is soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Add tomato and cook 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover skillet to let cheese melt.