Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Yogurt Shoppe Cafe is in Columbus Georgia and was established in 1987. Ranch Chicken is one of the popular items on the menu amongst many other delicious home cooked meals. One of my friends came upon the recipe in a local magazine and was kind enough to share it with me so I just couldn't wait to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, and ranch with wire wisk until smooth. It should be thicker than salad dressing.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick spray and cover with mixture.
- Top with bread crumbs, pepper, paprika, and parsley to taste.
- put in oven and bake 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
I am from Columbus, GA. The Yogurt Shoppe was great. It was owned by the Mayor originally. His grand daughters now own since his passing. The Ranch chicken was AMAZING! I love making this, however, I only use have the mayo and replace the other half with plain yogurt. Also if you allow the ranch, mayo, and yogurt mixture to sit in the fridge over night it has a much deeper flavor!!!
Easy, quick, and super yummy! So tasty!
I used to frequent the Yogurt Shoppe, but moved from Columbus in 2000. Eleven years later, I still crave their Ranch Chicken. I was thrilled to find this recipe after years of trying to recreate the dish from memory. It is the same Ranch Chicken I remember. Easy peasy, and my picky husband hand had seconds and carefully packaged the last piece to take to lunch for work tomorrow, which is unusual.
I did replace half the mayo with greek yogurt, just because I remembered the owner saying there was yogurt in all her recipes. I'm sure plain yogurt would have worked just as well.