Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Yogurt Shoppe Cafe is in Columbus Georgia and was established in 1987. Ranch Chicken is one of the popular items on the menu amongst many other delicious home cooked meals. One of my friends came upon the recipe in a local magazine and was kind enough to share it with me so I just couldn't wait to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, and ranch with wire wisk until smooth. It should be thicker than salad dressing.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick spray and cover with mixture.
- Top with bread crumbs, pepper, paprika, and parsley to taste.
- put in oven and bake 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Easy, quick, and super yummy! So tasty!
I used to frequent the Yogurt Shoppe, but moved from Columbus in 2000. Eleven years later, I still crave their Ranch Chicken. I was thrilled to find this recipe after years of trying to recreate the dish from memory. It is the same Ranch Chicken I remember. Easy peasy, and my picky husband hand had seconds and carefully packaged the last piece to take to lunch for work tomorrow, which is unusual.
I did replace half the mayo with greek yogurt, just because I remembered the owner saying there was yogurt in all her recipes. I'm sure plain yogurt would have worked just as well.
Loved this recipe (and so did my family of 5!). Husband actually didn't complain that we were having a new version of chicken and rice (which my kids prefer) and we all loved it. Thanks so much!