This Reuben Burger recipe is from the Rachel Ray Show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, quartered lengthwise then thinly sliced
- splash water
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 lb sack sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork or 1 1/2 lbs ground pork, and veal combined
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices emmentaler swiss cheese, folded to fit burgers
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves (Red)
- 1Heat medium skillet over medium heat, add the butter and when melted add the onions and cook until soft and tender, 20 minutes. When done, add a splash of water and stir in the mustard.
- 2Add sauerkraut to a small pot and keep warm over low heat.
- 3Combine sour cream, ketchup and relish in a small bowl and reserve.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the meat, spices, parsley, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Form 4 patties, thinner at middle and thicker at edges for more even cooking and to prevent burgers from bulging at the middle. Heat the oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Melt the cheese over the patties the last 2 minutes of cooking, under foil tent.
- 5To serve, pile the onions on the bun bottoms and top with a leaf of lettuce, cheese wurst burger, sauerkraut, and the sour cream sauce. Cover with the tops of the buns and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Wurst Reuben Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.6
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 220.0 mg
- Sodium 1580.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 59.4 g