Recipe by Pot Scrubber
With only two pre-purchased products this makes a wonderful sauce. I have made sauces from scratch that weren't as good as this. Pour over purchased frozen enchiladas or burritos (or your own homemade)top with cheese and bake.Instant dinner.
Top Review by ~Robyn~
This was very good and simple to make obviously. I made homemade enchiladas out of some left over carnitas and cheese and decided to try this and we were not disappointed. It is a fabulous dip! I kept sampling with some tortilla chips while I was waiting for the rice to finish cooking. I would make this again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hormel chili without beans (NO OTHER BRAND)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild Pace Picante Sauce (NO OTHER BRAND, and don't confuse Pace salsa with Pace picante)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the two.
- You're finished!
- Pour over purchased frozen enchiladas or burritos (or your own homemade)and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 til heated through.
- Tell everyone at the table you have spent years perfecting this complicated sauce.
- If your kids don't like "those icky green pepper things and onions" simply puree the Pace picante in a blender then add to the Hormel chili. They will never know and it also makes for a smoother texture. Additionally, I have used Hormel 99% Fat Free Turkey Chili with excellent results. Then- your enchilada sauce is almost totally fat free. Can't beat that!