With only two pre-purchased products this makes a wonderful sauce. I have made sauces from scratch that weren't as good as this. Pour over purchased frozen enchiladas or burritos (or your own homemade)top with cheese and bake.Instant dinner.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hormel chili without beans (NO OTHER BRAND)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild Pace Picante Sauce (NO OTHER BRAND, and don't confuse Pace salsa with Pace picante)
- Combine the two.
- You're finished!
- Pour over purchased frozen enchiladas or burritos (or your own homemade)and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 til heated through.
- Tell everyone at the table you have spent years perfecting this complicated sauce.
- If your kids don't like "those icky green pepper things and onions" simply puree the Pace picante in a blender then add to the Hormel chili. They will never know and it also makes for a smoother texture. Additionally, I have used Hormel 99% Fat Free Turkey Chili with excellent results. Then- your enchilada sauce is almost totally fat free. Can't beat that!
This was very good and simple to make obviously. I made homemade enchiladas out of some left over carnitas and cheese and decided to try this and we were not disappointed. It is a fabulous dip! I kept sampling with some tortilla chips while I was waiting for the rice to finish cooking. I would make this again.
Great Enchilada Sauce! Excellent with Beef,Cheese,Chicken, and Bean Home made Enchiladas! Couldn't be easier or tastier! Thanks for sharing! Katie
Looked too easy to be true. It's definitely easy. But it tastes too much like, grin, chili.