Recipe by jAcQuiE_7
This recipe will leave you wondering why you ever thought any other banana bread recipe was the best. This banana bread is VERY moist and mouth-watering. You'll see! Watch, try it! Satisfaction guaranteed!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F,spray bottom only of 9x5x3 inches loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add mashed banana and beat on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl; Mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with cream, ending with flour mix.
- Add walnuts to batter; mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan*. Bake until browned and tooth-pick insertion is clean. About 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes.
- *Can also use a muffin pan.