Recipe by pkathleens
yummy homemade tartar sauce which goes very well with seafood or on fresh bread!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot English mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt or pepper or spices
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg yolk into a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Dribble a little bit of Olive oil into the bowl with the yolk and whisk while doing so.
- Repeat this over and over again until the mixture is thick, white and creamy. (you may need a little bit more/ less Olive oil.
- When the yolk mixture is nice and creamy, add the mustard and mix again.
- add the vinegar and parsley and mix again.
- Chop the Cappers abit, or if you like the cappers whole put them in whole. (add as much or as little cappers as you like, but I usually add about 1 tablespoon), add abit of the capper juice as well to give the Sauce extra flavour (about 1 Teaspoon).
- Add your spices, Salt and pepper and serve.
- Note- This TarTar sauce keeps in the fridge for about 2 Days.