I had these fabulous cookies during a wine dinner weekend at an inn in Ogonquit Maine. The recipe is courtesy of the caterer, but they give credit to the San Francisco ala Carte, a cookbook by the Junior League of San Francisco, 1979.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Stir in egg, oil, vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine with egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet into balls the size of walnuts and flatten with a fork in criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing.