Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I watched this this Sunday on Mirch Masala, Star Plus. Absolutely yummy! The number of servings is a guess. Note: The preparation time does not include the refrigeration time. My dad, OMG, is in love with this fudge. He has a little everyday of the batch I made about 4 days back, and, he confesses like a little child to me, that he had it and I shouldn't tell his yoga sir the same. LOL. This fudge is the key to dad's heart:) Make this for your special someone or your loving parents and family/best friend for a real good yummy and wonderful treat that gets tastier by the day!
- 750 g sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder (I use Hintz Dutch processed cocoa powder)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh milk (or low fat milk)
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sugar in a frying pan.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Add milk.
- Stir and cook till the mixture is smooth and you get a two thread consistency -- This takes a long time, it took me nearly 25 minutes on low - medium flame, so one has to be patient and wait to get the two thread consistency
- Add peanut butter, essence and salt.
- DO NOT MIX.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to come down to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Grease a square or rectangular tray with butter.
- Add walnuts to the prepared mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the greased tray.
- Freeze for 1-1 1/2 hours to allow the mixture to set.
- Once set, remove from freezer -- you can keep this in your refrigerator after having kept it for 1.5 hours in the freezer to set, until it's time to serve this delicious fudge.
- Cut into long pieces.
- Serve immediately or pack each piece with a transparent gift paper (store in refrigerator).
- Then, fold edges like a paper fan.
- Attach (and seal to secure) each side of the paper with a ribbon- use red ribbon for one side and green ribbon for the other.
- Likewise, repeat for all the fudge pieces.
- Pack into your goodie basket and enjoy!
- Merry Christmas!