Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I used to be famous for these and was expected to bring them everywhere I went. They are a lovely, chewy type brownie that needs no icing. The recipe came from an old church cookbook from my childhood.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (I like pecans) (optional)
- Beat together sugar, eggs, and oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa together.
- Add to sugar-egg mixture.
- Add vanilla and nuts (if desired).
- Pour into two cake pans (8x8x2) lined with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut when cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Your are so right...these brownies do not need icing. They turned out wonderfuly moist and chocolately. I added walnuts. I threw out my other brownie recipe and replaced it with this. Thanks so much, Mainecooncat!
This recipe is so quick and easy to put together that my 10 year old GD made them with very little supervision by me. They use ingredients I always have. And the taste was divine! Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipe maincooncat!
These brownies are very good. They are easy to make and go together very quickly. My family prefers a fudgier brownie, but for you cakey brownie lovers, this is a good one. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.