Recipe by FritzFamily
This is a delicious bread machine pizza dough recipe
Top Review by casibugg
I have tried many recipes over the past year for bread machine pizza dough. We make pizza every friday night and my whole family agrees - this is the best one hands down. It is consistently good and we all really love the flavor. I typically make the dough, split it in two pieces, roll them out, add my toppings and bake in a 450 degree oven. I take the pizza off the pan and cook it directly on the rack for the last 2 minutes or so to finish off the bottom crust and let it brown.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (Or 1 Cup Water and 1/3 Cup Flat Beer for better flavor)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to machine in the order listed.
- Set to “Dough” mode and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once completed, place in greased pan to rise about 20-30 min, and split in half.
- If you aren't going to use the dough right away, fear not. Simply divide the dough and place in ziplock bags, then stack flat to be used as needed. When the special day arrives, slap it on a cornmeal/floured surface, and roll flat, If you're fortunate enough to have a wife who doesn't mind you twirling it in her kitchen (like me -- as long as I clean up my own messes) -- have fun with it before going for the big-bake!
- Add light layer of sauce and pre-bake your crust at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Believe me--you'll want to follow this step (thank me later).
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees until done(approx 20 min, depending upon topping thickness).
- Enjoy! (When you've fully enjoyed yourself, be sure to take a picture and/or leave your review--updates/comments/suggestions are welcome!).