Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is great for chicken or ribs, and can even be used in place of ketchup on your fries and burgers. It's really good for making chicken wings. I'm sure this sauce could be used in a lot of other dishes and recipes; just use your imagination. It is sweet with a bit of zip. It keeps well in the refrigerator.
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (any brand is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced or 2 tablespoons onion juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar (I like to use brown sugar)
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic, allspice, parsley, onion, and sugar together well.
- Best if chilled overnight.
This is a really good recipe to have on hand. Goes well with beef, chicken - whatever. I poured the leftovers into the empty ketchup bottle. Thanks for posting!
This fast became my new recipe for bbq sauce. What a great flavored sauce! We had on bbq ribs on the grill and brought them inside to eat. Everybody agreed this one is now tops with us. Thanks for sharing Diana!
Thank you! I had no store-bought Bar-B-Que sauce except for a few tablespoons in the bottom of one jar. This recipe stretched it and even the picky family members thought it was just a fresh jar I found in the cupboard!