Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These gluten-free, low-carb, vegan brownies are made of healthy fats (avocado, nuts, coconut, and flax seed) and vegetables (avocado and zucchini). I don’t think I can make it healthier than this. They are very light and low in sugar. Instead of using “flax eggs,” you can also use Egg Replacer. For more gluten-free, low-carb, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 avocado, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- oil, for coating the pan
- Mix ground flax seed and water to make “flax eggs” and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, place flax eggs, zucchini, avocado, and vanilla and blend well.
- In a bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the blended vegetable mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips or walnut pieces if you are using them.
- Transfer the batter to an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan coated with oil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool, infuse love and serve (with powdered sugar on top and/or ice cream if you wish).