Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a super recipe for a not so ordinary burger. Ground beef is mixed with ketchup, bacon and Montreal Steak seasoning, then grilled and topped with melted cheese, grilled onions, lettuce and tomato.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/2 " slices
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- tomatoes, sliced
- Mix together ground beef, steak seasoning, ketchup and bacon.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Brush onion slices with oil and place patties and onion on grill.
- Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until burgers are done, turning once.
- Add cheese slices to burgers one minute before cooking time is done.
- Place on rolls and top with onions, lettuce and tomato slices.
Well this is another addition to my public Burger cookbook - Love burgers love this recipe. I only cooked 1 burger (6 oz) but had no problem adjusting the recipe. I like the bacon in the pattie. I was a bit shy on the onion slice so I cooked 2 1/4" slices. Added a few mushrooms served on a mini Ciabatta roll Excellent thanks Marie
We really enjoyed these burgers. I cut the recipe in half since there were only two of us. I used a little less Montreal steak seasoning only because I had never used it before and was not sure how strong a flavor it had. Will be making this again.
I really enjoyed these burgers, although I replaced the catsup with A-1 sauce and cooked them in my iron skillet instead of on the grill. I'll have to make them for the ol' man when he comes home from hunting camp!