Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 leaves crisp iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, cut into ½ inch slices
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, Montreal Steak Seasoning, bacon crumbles and dill weed.
- Shape into four burgers.
- Brush or spray the onion slices with olive oil.
- Place the burgers and onion slices over medium hot coals.
- Grill for 8-12 minutes or until burgers are well done and onion is tender, turning once.
- Add cheese to each burger, one minute before cooking is complete.
- Place the burgers on toasted hamburger rolls.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and favourite condiments.
Good burger. I made the mistake of using packaged bacon crumbles, trust me, take the time and just cook your own bacon. It left the burgers with a slightly off taste.
What a yummy burger! I didn't add any onion slices, 'cause I just can't eat onions, but even so the flavor was lively and delicious. I cooked my burger on my George Foreman grill and enjoyed it very much.