Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from 'Cooking fun with The Wiggles' cookbook. Little Miss (DD) loves the Wiggles, the Wiggles is a popular Australian kids show featuring four guys wearing four different colour shirts singing songs, cooking and playing games. She has their cookbook and this is the recipe she has chosen to make. I used egg substitute but needed to use 3.5 tablespoons of orange juice as the dough was a little dry.
- 90 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 200 g dark chocolate melts or 200 g milk chocolate melts
- Beat the butter, sugar, egg and orange rind with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in orange juice, flour, corn flour and coconut until it forms a firm dough.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the bench or table and knead the dough gently till smooth.
- With your rolling pin, roll out the dough until 5 mm thick.
- Use your biscuit cutters to press out shapes, and place them on greased oven trays, leaving space for the biscuits to spread a little.
- Bake for 10 minutes in oven at 180°C.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest 5-10 minutes before laying them out on a cooling rack.
- To decorate: Melt 200 grams of Choc Melts in a bowl by following the directions on the packet. Ask a grown-up to help. Paint the chocolate on the biscuits when they have cooled. You can paint spots, shapes or paint over the whole top of the biscuit.
These got the big thumbs up from the DS's recreation group today. I used an alligator biscuit/cookie cutter which is part of a wild animal set that the DD gave me for mothers day and got 27 of the little critters. I iced some with melted chocolate and left the others plain, all thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Chef floWer, made for Edition 6 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
this was excellent the name had my son wanting to make them and eat them all i will do them again.. i did use blood oranges instead of normal ones it was great.. thanks
We really enjoyed these cookies. I especially like that there was coconut in the dough. The orange flavour really come through from the zest. Thank you so much for post. I will be making these again.