Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- green onion, chopped fine
Mexican Pot Roast filling
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (for extra spice, do not remove seeds)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread about half the jar of taco sauce in the bottom of a 7" x 11" baking dish.
- Divide the filling equally among the tortillas; roll up, placing seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Top evenly with the remaining taco sauce and then with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes; garnish with sour cream and green onion.
- MEXICAN POT ROAST Heat the oil in a Dutc h oven over medium heat; add the onion, chilies, jalapeqos, and garlic, stir frequently for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the beef chunks and the broth; sprinkle the chunks with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and red pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until beef is tender.
- Using two forks, shred the beef and allow the remaining juices to be absorbed into the meat. The filling should be MOIST.