Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boyfriend's mom gave me this recipe and I wanted to post it for safe keeping. The recipe makes a LOT but you're probably going to want to go for seconds or thirds... so plan accordingly. The pumpkin might seem strange but it helps thicken the soup and you can't even taste it. Make sure you get PURE pumpkin, not Pumpkin Pie Mix like I did the second time I made this, otherwise it will be too sweet.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 10 ounces cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn
- hot sauce (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add celery and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and pumpkin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and corn. Mix well until heated.
- Serve with cheese, hot sauce and totilla chips if desired.