Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This meal is easy to put together and is sure to satisfy your craving for mexican food!
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
For the Enchiladas
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- In a med saucepan over med-low heat melt butter and sprinkle in flour to create a roux. Stir continuously for 2 mins, add in chili powder and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock, ketchup, salt, cumin, and garlic.
- Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Set 1 cup of sauce aside, stir chicken into remaining sauce in the pan and heat until chicken is warm.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat each tortilla until warm on both sides so they are flexible enough to roll without tearing.
- In a 9x13 in baking dish, place tortillas one by one filling with chicken and sauce mixture. Roll and place seam side down. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Pour the 1 cup of reserved sauce over the rolled enchiladas. Arrange olives over the top and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 5 mins, then turn on broiler and cook until cheese starts to bubble and is lightly browned.