Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This meal is easy to put together and is sure to satisfy your craving for mexican food!
Make and share this The Whole (Chicken) Enchilada recipe from Food.com.
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
For the Enchiladas
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- In a med saucepan over med-low heat melt butter and sprinkle in flour to create a roux. Stir continuously for 2 mins, add in chili powder and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock, ketchup, salt, cumin, and garlic.
- Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Set 1 cup of sauce aside, stir chicken into remaining sauce in the pan and heat until chicken is warm.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat each tortilla until warm on both sides so they are flexible enough to roll without tearing.
- In a 9x13 in baking dish, place tortillas one by one filling with chicken and sauce mixture. Roll and place seam side down. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Pour the 1 cup of reserved sauce over the rolled enchiladas. Arrange olives over the top and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 5 mins, then turn on broiler and cook until cheese starts to bubble and is lightly browned.