Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is just like the salad at that " steakhouse" , but better at home
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- whisk salad dressing ingredients together.
- arrange a lettuce wedge on each plate.
- quarter plum tomatoes.
- add 2 tomato quarters to each plate, pour dressing over lettuce, sprinkle with scallions, and fresh ground pepper.
This salad was excellent. I highly recommend it. I can't wait to make it more during the summer. It is so refreshing!
This was a great salad. Very simple and the dressing was wonderful. No chance of going wrong making this. There's no way this dressing could last more than 2 days at our house!
I expected more from all the great reviews. I liked the dressing on the first night but it thinned out and didn't last for long. I ended up throwing the dressing away after the first week. It was thin and needed time to marinate the flavors, But I ended throwing it away because it seperated and thinned out. It was also very expensive to buy the ingredients for the dressing (cheese).