Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So named because I created it at my parents summer home in West Hampton Dunes, New York. This burger is salty, sweet, spicy and incredibly moist, thanks to the brown sugar and egg yolk.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all 7 ingredients until well mixed.
- Portion the beef mixture into two patties that are roughly 1/2 lb. each.
- Preheat a cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil or spray non-stick spray.
- Cook the burgers to desired doneness and serve on a toasted bun, english muffin or two slices of bread with your choice of toppings: mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.
- NOTE: If your burgers are very thick, (like mine were) sear them on both sides in the skillet (about 1-2 minutes per side) and then transfer them to a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes. If you do this, keep an eye on the burgers and don't blame me if your burgers come out dry. :-).