1/4 Photos of The Vixen Burger
It has been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. That is certainly the case with this burger that was dreamed up by the Mixin Vixen's during ZWTIII. This is a Texas Man size burger that is sure to please. It makes a fantastic starlight meal on the trail for 2 accompanied with home fries and cowboy beans. Enjoy because we sure had fun developing it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup white potato, grated (approximately 1/2 medium potato)
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thick
- 1/4 lb mushroom, washed, sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (Stubbs is great!)
- 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons jalapeno relish (The prototype was made using Jalapeno Relish.)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dijon mustard
- 1In a bowl mix together the ground beef, grated potato and ancho chili powder.
- 2Shape mixture into 2 Texas size burgers; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the grill and place the burgers on to sizzle; baste with barbecue sauce.
- 4Cook the burgers until desired degree of done, turning once only.
- 5When burger is almost done, spray a grill basket or skillet with non-stick cooking spray; drizzle the mushrooms and onions with olive oil, add to the basket and grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Spread the Texas toast lightly with butter and place on hot grill to toast.
- 7To assemble the burger, spread the untoasted side of bread with barbecue sauce (Stubbs if you got it), Dijon mustard, placing the cooked burger on the sauce, top with sliced cheese, grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, jalapeno relish and last but not least a tomato slice; place the other slice of toast on top and open wide!
- 9Please note that the cooking times are approximate. Cook the burger to your desired degree of doneness, rare, medium, well, or burnt.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Vixen Burger
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.7
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 1203.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: