Recipe by David Magazu
This dip is SO EASY and so versatile that you will wonder how you have ever been without it. With only four relatively cheap ingredients it is perfect for both snack time and for entertaining. Feel free to add or reduce any of the ingredients to your liking as it will probably take you a few tries to find the way you like the best. But there is a %100 percent guarantee you will wonder where this spread has been all you life!
Top Review by bubblegirl
Oh my,i forgot to review this when i made it,so here goes now. I LOVED IT!!!!! It`s a very versatile dip/spread.I used mozzarella cheese & soy free mayo because of my partners allergies & of course a few extra garlic cloves,i didnt have a garlic press but chopping it worked just as well.Very yummy. Thanks for posting a winning recipe David!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (muenster, mozzarella, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cheese coarsely but with short strokes (we use muenster because it is so cheap and yummy and it is extremely moist, but you can use any other cheese of similar consistency. Don't use a cheese like parmesan or romano because the spread won't have the right texture.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream (you can also use low-fat yogurt in place of sour cream to save a few calories) and shredded cheese.
- Use a garlic press to mince the garlic directly over cheese mixture (you should use a garlic press because it will evenly distribute the juice of the garlic).
- If you crush it on a cutting board you will lose all the juice and your spread won't have the right flavor.
- Feel free to add additional cloves of garlic if you can handle it.
- My wife and I haven't been able to make it past five.
- Mix well and serve.
- We usually eat spread on a cracker or dark bread like rye but you can put it on just about anything.