Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe was made up by my father and I. Puts a delicious new spin on burgers. Will need a small salad plates, a casserole pan, and Reynolds Wrap® Foil.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- hot pepper relish
- 4 -6 slices American cheese
- 4 -6 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 red bell pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Fry the bacon in a pan and put cooked strips on a plate and cover with a paper towel.
- Dice the red bell pepper into thumbnail sized chunks.
- Empty the 2lb ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add 1tsp of salt and 1tsp of pepper. Add the diced red bell pepper. Mix.
- Make a fist sized ball out of the beef mix and put onto the small salad plate. Press another small salad plate on top of the beef and press down to get a patty.Remove carefully and set aside on a large cutting board. Repeat to get 8-12 patties depending on the size of the patties.
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- On half of your patties put on 2-3 half pieces of bacon, one slice of american, one slice of monterrey jack cheese, and one spoonful(size depending on how much you want) of pepper relish.
- Place one of the "empty" patties on top of the filling and pinch the bottom and top patty together and seal the cheese, bacon, and relish inches.
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Place your burgers on the grill for about a minute on each side depending on how much char you like then remove.
- Wrap each of the burgers in Reynolds Wrap® Foil and place in a large casserole dish. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes to finish cooking the beef and melt the cheese inside.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
I have had these in person and they are the best tasting burger I have ever had in my life!!! By far the best recipe in this competition!